Become an All-Cash buyer with our CASH BUYER program
- Make an all-cash offer, even if you're financing your purchase with a loan
- All-cash offers are 3x more likely to win
- On average, cash offers can get you a 5% savings
Homes For Sale in Lakeland FL
Request Your Cash Offer Now!
Save Money When you Sell! Contact us Now!
Lakeland FL Life
Lakeland's economy isn't built on vacation rentals and it shows. While there is plenty to do in Lakeland and it has all the convenience of it's suburban "cousins" (namely Davenport), it functions more like a typical Florida suburb. Florida suburb meaning, access to everything you want, without the hassle of being in the middle of a tourist destination.
Pre-school & Kindergarten
716 E Bella Vista Street
Lakeland Elementary Schools
Lakeland Middle Schools
Lakeland High Schools
Homes For Sale in Lakeland FL Neighborhoods
Homes For Sale In Lakeland FL Neighborhoods
- Carillon Lakes
- Cayden Reserve
- Country Chase
- Cypress Lakes
- Devonshire Manor
- Eaglebrooke North
- Foreclosed Homes
- Hallam Preserve East
- Hampton Hills South
- Hartford Estates
- High Pointe North
- Highland Fairways
- Highlands Grace
- Heritage Landings At Lakes At Laurel Highlands
- Hunters Crossing
- Hunters Meadow
- Krenson Woods
- Lake James
- Lakes at Laurel Highlands
- Lakeside Preserve
- Morgan Creek Preserve
- New Homes
- Oakford Estates
- Pebblebrooke Estates
- Pool Homes
- Sanctuary at Grasslands
- Stoney Creek
- Towne Park Estates
- Villages At Bridgewater
- Vintage View
Lakeland FL Frequently Asked Questions
What is Lakeland famous for?
Aside from being the largest city in Polk County, it is home to the largest one-site collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture in the world at Florida Southern College, Circle B Bar Reserve, Detroit Tigers Spring Training, and Safari Wilderness.
Where is Lakeland City Hall Located?
Lakeland City Hall is located at 228 S Massachusetts Ave What is the cost of living in Lakeland? The cost of living (COL) in Lakeland is 89 which is lower than the national average of 100
What is the zip and area code for Lakeland?
The area code of Lakeland, FL is 863 and has the following zip codes: 33801, 33802, 33803, 33804, 33805, 33806, 33807, 33809, 33810, 33811, 33812, 33813, 33815
What are the modes of transportation in Lakeland?
Lakeland has one airfield, the Lakeland Linder International Airport. It also has the Amtrak Train Station, Citrus Connection bus service and the Lakeland Greyhound Terminal.
What is the price range of a house in Lakeland?
The median value of Lakeland houses for sale is $109,300, which is lower than the US average of 184,700.
What’s the sales tax in Lakeland?
As of 2020, the total sales tax rate of Lakeland is 7%.
When do schools in Lakeland start this year?
School begins on Monday, August 10, 2020 and ends on Thursday, May 27, 2021. This calendar was revised and approved at the School Board Meeting on January 28, 2020. Note that it does still say DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Can I own horses in Lakeland?
Yes, you can own horses in Lakeland.
Things to Do in Lakeland
- Circle B Bar Reserve – The Circle B Bar Reserve is an area of protected lands in Polk County, Florida. Comprising 1,267 acres at 4399 Winter Lake Road near Lakeland.
- Hollis Garden - A Lakefront botanical garden featuring neoclassical architecture, fountains & a variety of plants.
- Baseball - Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium is a baseball field in Lakeland, Florida. The 8,500-seat stadium was opened in 1966 and has had multiple renovations, most recently in 2017
- Lake Mirror - Lake Mirror was so named on account of the clarity of its waters. The city of Lakeland operates the Lake Mirror Complex, a recreation center at the lake.
- Visit a museum - Exploration V Children’s Museum admissions average more than 40,000 annually
- Barnett Family Park - a city park offering a playground with a splash pad, labyrinth, covered picnic area & restrooms.
- Swan Brewin - a 10BBL brewery in downtown Lakeland Florida which features 30 taps of great craft beer, live music, games and food trucks.
Lakeland FL Cost of Living
Lakeland has a Livability Score of 81/100, which is considered exceptional. Cost of Living in Lakeland is 10% lower than the Florida average Lakeland real estate prices are 34% lower than the Florida average Rental prices in Lakeland are 14% lower than the Florida average. Lakeland has a total population of 102,714 with the median age being 40.3, while 37% have kids under 18
Industries and Economy of Lakeland
Lakeland is the largest city on Interstate 4 between Orlando and Tampa. Large industries in the Lakeland area are citrus, cattle, and phosphate mining. In the past few decades, tourism, medicine, insurance, transportation, and music have grown in importance. Citrus growing dates back to the early settlers who planted trees in the area in the 1850s. After a series of freezes in counties north of Polk County, the area became the focal point for citrus growing in Florida. Although citrus is no longer the largest industry in the area, it still plays a large part in the economy of Lakeland and Polk County. Phosphate mining is still important to the economy of Lakeland, although most of the mining now takes place farther south. The Bone Valley produced 25% of the U.S. phosphate supply. Lakeland is a transportation hub. FedEx Freight and FedEx Services and the Saddle Creek Corporation employ over 600 people in the area. Other large employers in the area include Amazon, GEICO, Rooms To Go, and Lakeland Regional Health.
Real Estate Agents In Lakeland FL
Are you looking for homes for sale in Lakeland, Florida?
If you are going to relocate to Lakeland, FL, then you are going to need the best Lakeland Real Estate Agents. Look no further then: Florida Realty Marketplace.
They are the top Lakeland real estate brokerage. They list homes for sale in Lakeland, as well as help buyers, find a home in Lakeland.
Feel free to contact our team at 863-877-1915 and we'll be happy to answer any real estate questions about Lakeland or the surrounding areas of Orlando.
Real Estate Statistics
|Avg. Days On Market||61|
Property Types (active listings)